Frequently Asked Questions
How can this program help me?
No matter where you find yourself in the creative process, you can get help bringing your project or business to full fruition:
- Maybe you're just starting out with a concept, but you have no idea what to do with it.
- Or maybe you've already got something online, and you need help taking the next step.
- Maybe you want to learn how to do one specific task, such as create an audio recording or video to offer on your site.
Whatever your situation, the program is designed to begin where you find yourself and walk you through the steps to completing and launching your project. The program offers a comprehensive approach to handle all of your needs. It focuses on four main areas:
- Online Business Strategy - we explore the big picture of transforming your ideas into a viable online business and choose a path for us to take.
- Knowledge and Skills - as a computer skills coach, I'll show you every step of the creation process, including designing your site, producing a video or audio recording, setting up an auto-responder to build your mailing list, creating a membership site, and whatever else you can imagine.
- Production - you and I will produce the pieces together, including your site and any "packages" you want.
- Removing Barriers - as a Life Coach I know that there are both external and internal barriers to accomplishing what we set out to do. I will help you move through any obstacles in the way.
In a nutshell, together, you and I will create (or clarify) your vision for your online business, determine what path you need to take, build the pieces together (as you watch and learn), and work through any obstacles that come up along the way.
What's the basic idea behind Packaging Your Passion?
The concept is simple but powerful. The goal is to create multiple streams of income by creating different "packages" for each idea, passion, concept, topic, or project.
For example, let's say your passion is interior design. One package may be an ebook, "The 7 Keys to Making The Most Out Of Small Spaces." You then can take the exact same content and now package it as an audio book they can listen to in the car, and as an online class, and maybe even offer a one-on-one coaching program for people needing to maximize their living space. And then it begins all over again with a new topic on interior design. Get it?
You are creating multiple packages for each and every topic you can dream of. The possibilities are endless, limited only by one's vision.
What's included with the program?
- One-on-one coaching through screen sharing and phone/skype:
- Unlimited email coaching to keep things moving between sessions.
- Free customized how-to videos you can access anytime.
- Access to additional resources to help you with all facets of your project.
- Your very own "Personal PYP Page" that will have everything you need to help manage your project.
What types of "packages" can we create?
There are several, and you can mix, blend, and combine them in a variety of ways. Here's a short list:
- audio book
- live/recorded teleclass (via phone conference line)
- live/recorded webcast (through "screen sharing")
- online course
- one-on-one coaching
- group coaching
- membership site
- and more ...
Can you help me publish my book and sell it online?
Absolutely. You and I can handle every facet of what it takes to bring a book from concept to market, including cover design, formatting, typography, publishing, and creating both an online and offline marketing campaign, along with any promotional items such as posters, business cards, and press releases. That's exactly what John Marohn and I did for his novel, Tiorunda Stories, and are currently doing for his second book and online community, A Recovery Journey.
A key factor in the success of your book is to not just sell the book, but instead use a business model that creates multiple streams of income around the theme or topic of your book. You can extract many topics from just one book. It's all in how you package your passion!
How can you help me if I live far away from you?
This is where "screen sharing" comes in to play. I have clients all over the world because of this very useful technology! It's very simple to use. I send you a link. You click on it and are then connected to my screen so that you can watch everything I do, as I walk and talk you through the steps. I can even give you mouse and keyboard control so that I can watch you do the task at hand. I prefer using screen sharing more than working in person. This way, we are both in the comfort of our homes, each with our computers in front of us.
This is a technology you can use yourself when teaching classes, offering demonstrations, and more. Very powerful! This is a game changer for sure! To learn more, check out GoToMeeting. Update: I am now using Mikogo which has similar features but is FREE :-)
How long is it going to take to finish my project?
Each project is different and is hard to know beforehand how long it will take to bring it to full fruition. It depends on the scope of your project, where you are in the process, and how much time you have to devote to it. However, I find that it takes on average a minimum of 3-6 months to launch a project.
Email me the details of your project, and I can give you a better idea on the time frame for completing your project.
How am I going to learn everything I need to know ?
It is my job as your coach to make sure you know everything you need to transform your ideas into an online presence. I simplify the approach by teaching you only what you absolutely need to know and leaving out the rest.
What if I forget how to do something ?
The program includes your very own personal PYP page that has everything you need to manage your project in one place, including:
- Free, unlimited, customized videos you can watch anytime to remind yourself what you learned.
- You also have access to further resources, should you need to get more information.
- And, don't forget, I'm only a phone call or instant message away!
What if I don't want to learn how to create a web page or ebook or video, and I just want it done for me?
We can easily adjust the program to suit your particular needs. I am happy to do pieces of the project on my own time, and then, if you like, I'll show you how I did them so you'll have an idea of the steps taken to creating the different packages. Don't worry about a thing. This program is designed to move you forward faster and easier than you can imagine.
What software do you use, and do you recommend using the same ones?
I like to use what most would consider industry-standard programs such as Photoshop for creating or editing images, Dreamweaver for web design, and InDesign for formatting books, posters, and business cards. I also like Joomla for managing website content. I can work with any program you prefer and have good resources for discounted prices on any software you want to purchase.
Are there any discounts available ?
Yes, I do offer discounts. Contact me for details.
How can I learn more about you and how you've helped others?
Easy. Click here for my complete background, including who I've worked with, as well as a slide show hi-lighting my other passions.
I have a few other questions. How can I get in touch with you?
You can email me or call me at 716-462-5093, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Or ...